We will be hiring a Family Law Legal Clerk/Assistant with an expected
start date of February 24, 2020.
- Experience is preferred
- Competitive salary offered
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com on or before to February 10, 2020.
Lawyer (Carrel + Partners Law Firm)
Our team is highly capable, supportive, and energetic. We deliver top-quality legal services and develop exceptional client relations. We are looking for an individual who will appreciate and contribute to a positive work environment where everyone pulls their own weight.
CARREL+Partners LLP requires a LAWYER at our Thunder Bay office, practicing primarily in the areas of real estate, estate planning, and estate administration. In real estate, you could be working in all elements of real estate, including residential, commercial, land development, financing, rectifying title issues, leasing, LPAT/OMB, non-resident transactions, title insurance claims, complex title opinions, and/or supporting other lawyers in those areas.
Start date as soon as possible. Generous benefit plan. Competitive salary and bonus package.
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Experience in one or more of the required areas of practice
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Experience closing residential real estate transactions
- Litigation experience in any of the subject areas or general litigation
- Experience with Worldox, PCLaw, ACL, Fastco, Conveyancer, Teraview
- Partial book of business
- Unique practice area to bring with you
- Enthusiasm to also provide a companion litigation practice in the areas of real estate, estates, and commercial law
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit your application package by email (preferred) to Johanna Maki firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 807-346-3600, or delivered to CARREL+Partners LLP, 1100 Roland Street, Suite 1, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5M4.
- Application package must include:
- Cover letter
- Law school transcripts
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be kept in confidence. If you have a legal assistant or law clerk who you wish to bring with you, we are open to discussions on that. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY February 28, 2020.
Legal Worker – Kinna-aweya Legal Clinic
Legal Worker – 18 month contract
Kinna-aweya Legal Clinic provides legal advice and assistance to residents of the District of Thunder Bay, particularly Indigenous people, who need assistance with poverty law issues.
Kinna-aweya Legal Clinic is seeking a legal worker to manage a caseload in poverty law, participate in the intake rotation, provide legal advice and information, formal and informal advocacy, represent clients before administrative tribunals, and provide public legal education.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Intake and summary advice
- Managing a caseload in poverty law – income maintenance (OW, ODSP, EI, CCB, CPP-D) and tenancy law
- Informal advocacy (phone calls, letter writing)
- Appearances before administrative tribunals – SBT and LTB
- Public legal education, outreach, community development and law reform
- Occasional overnight travel within the district and the province
- General administration and other duties as required
- Degree or diploma in the humanities or social sciences
- Additional certification as a licensee of the Law Society of Ontario preferred – lawyer or paralegal
- Relevant experience
- Familiarity with relevant acts and regulations (Residential Tenancies Act, Ontario Disability Support Program Act, Ontario Works Act)
- Effective advocacy skills
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Lived experience/competency with respect to Indigenous culture and issues
- Excellent computer (MS Office) and information management (MS CRM) skills
- A valid driver’s licence would be helpful
- Some overnight travel may be required
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume and references to:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5 p.m., Friday, February 28, 2020
If your firm is interested in posting a job opportunity, please email email@example.com.
Picture yourself here
Thunder Bay, Superior by Nature